In the current scenario we all are surrounded with the smart phones, computers, laptops and access to internet. One of the biggest evolution that took place on the internet are the social networking sites or in simple words social media. The way we communicate and connect to our family, friends and relatives has been changed by the social media in the past few years. Not only personally but social media has a great significance in the commercial as well as legal industry. There are many other fields where the features of social media are efficiently used.
Social Media: Emergence in professional fields
The social media could be defined as an image as well as video-driven form of communication which benefits several professional industries like entertainment, fashion as well as marketing. However the legal industry is not largely accepting the social media for their growth and other benefits. They believe more into spreading of their past achievements, testimonials of clients and referrals. Although, there are various reasons due to which social media has became must for law firms.
Why social media?
There are a number of reasons for a legal oriented firm to use social media. Some of them are as follows-
- It could be an appropriate platform for directly communicating to the potential clients.
- Law firms could also use social media as a way of obtaining knowledge and information as well as to do research related to the firms in competition.
- There are several things which help in retaining the old as well as attracting the new clients like value proposition, reputation and getting connected with them emotionally. The social media is the correct option for building an image.
- Social media could be proved effective in localizing the companies running in legal field.
- Anything which is more active on the social media appears to be more recognized and visible in reality as there are a large number of users of it from all over the world.
In spite, of being slowly embraced and accepted in the law firms as many of them thinks that it is not must for law firms. It could be proved as the most fast as well as effective way of demonstrating a firm’s expertise, likability and value. The presence on the social networks could also lead a firm to experience a great pace in the Google search results which could be ultimately helpful in getting new clients. The marketing on the social media and networks are much rational as compared to the marketing on other platforms which means it is a cost effective way of promoting oneself or a whole firm.